You probably learned about juicing and read about how it has helped change one’s mind and body. But how exactly does it benefit your life and why is it worth investing in a juicer for it?
Check out these five amazing advantages to juicing to see its interesting outcomes:
- Nutrient-Rich and Lessens Risk of Diseases
We all know that fruits and vegetables are rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants our mind and body need for proper functioning. The juice you extract from fresh fruits and vegetables will contain most of those nutrients, besides fiber and its attached antioxidants.
There are small-scale studies that show the excellent health benefits of drinking fresh juices, such as:
- It can delay the onset of Alzheimer’s disease, especially in those who have a higher risk of it
- Pomegranate juice, known as the heart-healthy juice, is linked to decrease disease-contributing factors in those who suffer from carrots artery stenosis, or narrowing neck arteries.
- Pomegranate also shows promising effects in those who have prostate cancer and improving the disease outcomes. It may even improve insulin resistance in those who have type-2 diabetes
- Apple juice contributes to reducing the risk of coronary artery disease (see more)
While these are small-scale studies that may not be 101% the cure to diseases, it is still a contributing factor that improves your overall health.
- Easily Consume Your Five-a-Day
Did you know that 150ml of fresh juice counts as one of the five recommended servings of fruits and vegetables? If you hate consuming fruits and vegetables or have a hard time doing so from dental problems, then drinking it is easier to increase your nutrient intake.
This is great for those who don’t enjoy consuming salad or fruits! But do take note that this shouldn’t be a complete substitute for meals, nor should you stop consuming solid fruits and vegetables. 150ml of juice, regardless of how much fruits and vegetables are inside, is still counted as just one portion!
- Helps Cleanse and Detoxify the Body
You’ve probably heard of a juicing fast or cleanse, which helps detoxify the body. While our bodies can remove toxins on its own, juices can be of great help because of its anti-inflammatory properties and how it improves digestion. It introduces healthy enzymes for optimum gut health and flushes out toxins, despite not having much fiber.
Furthermore, the antioxidants in juicing can help detoxify your cells and tissues, which has you look great! The nutrients you take in improve your skin and hair, having you glow and look younger. And the best part: It can assist in weight loss, as long as you accompany it with a healthy diet of at least two healthy square meals a day and a good workout routine.
- Easy to Do and Prepare
Not everyone has the time to prepare an entire meal filled with fruits and vegetables. It takes a lot of time and effort, from chopping to cooking, then freezing and reheating the cooked meals for consumption.
With juicing, all you need to do is to wash your produce, cut it in slices, then throw it in the juicer. And within minutes, you already have juice with all the nutrients you need!
There are specialized products made for specific fruits, such as the best orange juicer or those …